COLLECTIVE GOVERNORS ISLAND GUEST GUIDELINES
We’re so excited to host you at Collective Governors Island. Here is some important information about our retreat, your tent, and the surrounding area. Please read these guidelines carefully and reach out if you have any questions at (917) 994-6167.
Your safety is important to us, and these guidelines are designed to keep you comfortable and secure at all times.
- Given that this is an outdoor experience, please continue to be alert at all times, whether your tent is open or closed.
- All guests must arrive via ferry. The full ferry schedule can be found here.
- For safety and security reasons: Public use of Governors Island is not permitted at night. Guests must stay within retreat grounds once the island closes, where there will be evening activities such as movie nights, lawn games, and delicious eats. Guests who go outside the retreat will be fined $100.
- The island is closed: Mondays – Fridays: 6 p.m.- 7 a.m.; Saturdays & Sundays: 7 p.m.-7 a.m.
- Do not leave food inside or outside of your tent, unless it’s fully sealed in the cooler. We’re happy to store any food for you—just let us know.
- The retreat grounds as well as the area around your tent can be rocky and uneven, and it’s easy to trip on roots, rocks, or tent lines. Please watch your step when exploring the grounds, as well as when stepping in and out of tents or bathrooms.
- You’re welcome to explore Governors Island, but if you leave the island, be sure to catch the last ferry back for the evening—refunds are not provided for missing the last ferry.
- No smoking is allowed in tents. If you smoke outside, please make sure any matches, lighters, cigarettes, cigars or pipes are fully extinguished and properly disposed of.
- Your tent is equipped with a smoke and carbon monoxide detector as well as a fire extinguisher. If your alarm activates or if you see or smell fire, unusual smoke, or gas, evacuate your tent immediately and contact Collective Governors Island team at (917) 994-6167.
- No gas canisters of any kind are allowed in tents.
- Please fully extinguish all open flames or fire pit fires prior to going to sleep or leaving the area.
- While our tents are spread apart, sound does travel. Please be considerate of your retreat neighbors and refrain from playing loud music late at night or early in the morning.
- Because our tents do not lock, we can’t promise your valuables are completely secure. If you require a secure location for something, please contact Collective Governors Island team.
- Your tent includes a lantern and several flashlights. After sunset, please carry a lantern or a flashlight with you as it gets dark at night.
- In an effort to preserve resources, we do not change linens or towels during your stay, however, should you want them refreshed, just let us know and we’re happy to take care of them for you.
- We have provided fresh drinking water in your tents for your enjoyment. Our team is happy to refill this carafe daily or at any time upon request.
- As Governors Island does not allow pets with the exception of service animals, pets are not allowed to join you at Collective Governors Island
For more information on these guidelines, or help with anything else, text us at (917) 994-6167.