Assistant General Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Contact: email@example.com with resume and cover letter
Introduction to the Company and Role:
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats allows our guests to explore unique destinations without sacrificing any luxuries, and to leave feeling inspired and connected.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, fast growth hospitality company that concepts and operates asset-light, moveable hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our luxury retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences, with an emphasis on thoughtful design, inspiring decor, once-in-a-lifetime food, curated local activities, and luxurious amenities. We’re changing the travel industry by giving guests authentic, local experiences paired with service and luxury that you would find in a 5-star hotel – something we’re able to achieve through our unique locations and structures.
We are seeking Assistant General Managers to manage the day to day operations of our retreats, including owning the onsite guest experience, building and managing the retreat team, and managing against budget and site P&L. This person will work with the broader Collective Retreats team to grow our valued brand.
The ideal candidate is experienced in hospitality management and all aspects of running a boutique hotel, including: front desk, concierge, rooms management, food & beverage, and hotel finance. This person is also highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
- Assist in the day to day management of a boutique hotel of 6-20 rooms, including oversight over front desk, rooms management, activity partners (for concierge), food and beverage, housekeeping and maintenance
- Deliver a safe, fully functioning and operational hotel 100% of the season
- Responsible for supporting the entire on-site guest experience and delivering exceptional levels of guest satisfaction, consistently
- Work directly with remote concierge team to provide a seamless guest experience
- Train and supervise a team of experience managers, housekeepers and chefs/prep cooks. Manage selected third party vendors, contractors and suppliers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building and the guest experience. This position is critical in delivering against our customer promise
- 2+ years previous experience in the hotel industry with management positions and oversight over departments and teams. Background in rooms management is highly desirable
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional guest experiences and high satisfaction levels
- Demonstrated ability to grow, manage and develop teams and retain talent
- Willing to do “the heavy lifting” and handiwork as needed (minor repair and maintenance)
- Past experience in a new business or startup highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited information
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across multiple complex projects
- Approachable, presentable and professional
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to be based on property and to relocate to new property locations as the company grows
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to build the perfect locations for our guests in an adventurous outdoor setting
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
- Prior experience in hotel management, camp/recreational management, and/or retail store management is required
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a competitive cash compensation package, with the unique opportunity to earn option grants over time
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations