Vice President of Marketing
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter
Introduction to the Company and Role:
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats allows our guests to explore unique destinations without sacrificing any luxuries, and leave feeling inspired and connected.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, high-growth hospitality company that creates and operates asset-light, moveable hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our luxury retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences and is built with a keen eye on design, beautiful décor, and amenities. We’re changing the travel industry with our focus on delivering authentic, local experiences for our guests with service on the level of what you would find at a 5-star hotel, however created in a very unique location with asset light structures. Our retreats offer a wide variety of activities for our guests, both created by our staff and in combination with local activity providers.
We are seeking a VP of Marketing to oversee the development, execution, and quality of our brand, and to be responsible for growing our revenue and acquiring / retaining guests.
The ideal candidate is experienced in hotel or travel marketing, as well as high-growth, early stage company leadership. She / he comes with significant experience and excitement for the opportunity to devise new and creative strategies to elevate the Collective Retreats Brand while achieving massive revenue, brand, portfolio, and loyalty growth. She / he is highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
The VP of Marketing will be leading a team of smart, motivated, enthusiastic people, and a passion for leadership of others is a must have.
- Collective Retreats Revenue growth, including full oversight and goal achievement responsibility for our topline, average daily rate (ADR), Occupancy (Occ), and Guest Loyalty.
- Collective Retreats marketing strategy and plan development, and execution.
- Build Collective Retreat’s proprietary acquisition platform, including introducing new marketing strategies and test plans
- Development, management, and optimization of Company marketing dashboard, reporting, and analytics practices
- Ownership and development of company digital and technology platform, including websites, email, CRM, content, SEO, SEM
- Ownership over all social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, and other priority social media channels)
- Creation of new, highly creative, impactful partnerships
- Leadership on PR plan, including working closely with CEO in this area
- Attracting, recruiting, developing, and retaining marketing team talent
- Oversight of all marketing agencies and partnerships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building, the brand, and the guest experience.
- 10+ years previous experience in acquisition, digital marketing, content management, SEO / SEM, email marketing
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing external agency relationships, including budget oversight and a proven track record of on-time and on-cost delivery
- Proven ability to attract, retain and develop top talent. Past experience successfully leading a team of direct reports
- Past experience in a new, high-growth business or startup is highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited data
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across various complex projects
- Approachable, presentable, professional, and fun
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work remotely when necessary and willingness to travel
- Hard working team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university.
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a competitive cash compensation package, with the unique opportunity to earn option grants over time
- Health benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations, as well as free and discounted nights per Company Policy