Reports to: Manager of Construction & Logistics
Contact: email@example.com with resume and cover letter
Introduction to the Company and Role
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, high-growth company that operates asset-light, moveable hotels in premium vacation destinations. We operate high end “glamping” resorts though luxury canvas tents with beautiful décor and amenities. Our hotels are on unique locations across the U.S. We are where hospitality meets the experience economy, treating both our valued guests and our staff like family.
We focus on delivering authentic, local experiences for our guests with service on the level of what you would find at a 5-star hotel. Our properties offer a wide variety of activities for our guests, both created by our staff and in combination with local activity providers.
Collective Retreats is a premium hospitality brand with a strong reputation for quality. We currently operate 3 locations and have 5-star ratings on TripAdvisor.
We are seeking a Construction Manager to manage and oversee the construction operations of our retreats. This individual will be providing technical direction and support to ensure compliance as it relates to the scope of our retreat design and builds, coordination and installation. This person will work with the broader Collective Retreats team to grow our valued brand and will report to our Construction & Logistics Manager.
The ideal candidate is experienced in engineering/architecture design and/or construction management. This person is also highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
- Source, secure, coordinate and direct all construction work and subcontractors; draft and negotiate contract agreements
- Own scheduling and planning of all assigned retreat construction activities
- Prepare cost and time estimates to arrive at project budgets; own all budgets and deadlines related to build for all assigned retreat locations throughout all phases of construction
- Resolve conflicts between design plans and onsite conditions
- Ensure all safety & environmental codes, permitted uses, standards, and proper construction techniques are adhered to at all times
- Open retreats safely, on time and on budget for all assigned retreat locations
- Manage any ongoing expansion, maintenance and/or improvement work related to construction for all assigned retreat locations
- Lead in any logistics needs in transporting retreat capex across properties, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-7 years previous experience in the engineering/architecture field, applied science or construction management. Hospitality experience is a plus
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Experience with engineering design software such as AutoCAD is preferable
- Must have experience with budgets, Excel, invoicing and other financial tools related to budgeting
- Willing to do “the heavy lifting” and handiwork as needed (minor repair and maintenance)
- Past experience in a new business or startup highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited information
- Must have a passion for what we are building and the guest experience. This position is critical in delivering against our customer promise
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across multiple complex projects
- Approachable, presentable and professional
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Travel is mandatory. Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to build the perfect locations for our guests in an adventurous outdoor setting
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
- Prior experience in construction management, engineering, architecture, and/or hotel management is required
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a competitive cash compensation package, with the unique opportunity to earn option grants over time, as well as health benefits
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations, as well as free and discounted nights