RESERVATION & STAY POLICIES
Check-in: Check-in time for your tent is 2 p.m. You’re welcome to come to Governors Island anytime before 2 p.m. on your check-in date and we will be happy to hold your luggage for you until your tent is ready.
Checkout: Checkout time is 10 a.m. on your departure day.
Note: All guests must arrive via the Governors Island Ferry service. Governors Island ferries do not operate 24 hours a day.
Manhattan Ferries run daily:
Mondays – Fridays: 10 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Saturdays & Sundays: 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- A payment equal to 100% of your total stay is required no later than 24 hours after your reservation is confirmed. If credit card payment is invalid, your reservation will automatically be canceled.
- Summit Tents and Journey Tents have a maximum double occupancy (two adults) in the included bed(s). Collective will not allow more than 2 adults in one Summit Tent (without the purchase of a rollaway bed) or Journey Tent. Children 12 and under may be added (with a request for a rollaway bed) to Summit Tents for $100 per night; For safety reasons, we are only able to add one rollaway bed to a Summit Tent with a king bed. Rollaways may not be added to any other tents.
- All rates are subject to state and local taxes. All rates are subject to change without notice. You will be responsible for any damages to your tent or furnishings during your stay. We do not issue late cancellations or refunds due to cold or inclement weather unless Collective Retreats deems the conditions make the stay unsafe.
- For safety and security reasons, public use of Governors Island is not permitted at night. Guests must stay within retreat grounds once the island closes, where there will be evening activities such as movie nights, lawn games, and delicious eats. Governors Island will fine guests who go outside the retreat $100. Governors Island is closed:
Mondays – Fridays: 6 p.m. – 7 a.m.Saturdays & Sundays: 7 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Safety & Security: Collective Retreats Governors Island is not responsible for lost or stolen items. A safe has been provided for your use in-tent. A Collective Retreats team member is available and on property 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Additionally, a Security Guard and EMT is posted on retreat overnight and available in case of any emergency. Please see a team member for more information regarding your safety and security on retreat and/or text us at the number provided.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel up to 12 p.m. local retreat time 45 days prior to arrival to receive a full refund. For cancellations made less than 45 days prior to arrival, we will charge the full payment. Early departures or no shows will still be charged at their full rate.
Company Cancellation due to Inclement Weather: In making a reservation with Collective, you acknowledge that Collective reserves the right to cancel your stay at any time, including once you are checked in, due to dangerous weather, or other conditions, solely at Collective Retreats discretion. In the unusual case of a retreat cancellation due to inclement weather, the guest will be charged for no more than the first room night of their canceled stay.
Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed at Collective Governors Island, with the exception of service animals.
Extra Charges: Daily complimentary breakfast is included with your reservation for stays in Summit Tents and can be purchased with your reservation for stays in Journey Tents. Lunch and dinner (including a ferry to flame dinner and BBQ-in-a-Box) can be booked at an additional cost. Other activities and items available for purchase can also be booked at an additional cost.
Rollaway Beds: Based on availability, a rollaway bed may be added upon request for Summit Tent reservations with a king bed. An additional child in a Summit Tent (over 2 occupants) is an additional $100 per night. Rollaway beds cannot be added to Journey Tent reservations. Children under 6 are welcome to share a bed with a parent at no additional cost.
Waiver: In making a reservation with Collective, you acknowledge that you have read the guest waiver and are aware that you are required to sign it upon your arrival on property.
Alcohol: Beer, wine, and liquor are available for purchase at Three Peaks. Due to Governors Island policy, no alcohol may be brought onto Governors Island.
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted at Collective Governors Island or anywhere on the island. This includes cigarettes, cigars, and e-cigarettes.
Property Reservations General Terms:
In addition to the other terms and conditions specified on the Collective Retreats website regarding our retreats, the following general terms and conditions apply to reservations booked on this website:
- Cancellation policies and other information about specific room reservations and properties may vary by retreat and by type of reservation. Individual rate rules, tax information, applicable charges and cancellation policies are displayed in the “Reservation & Stay Policies” section of each retreat page.
- We strive to honor requests for specific features such as bedding type or non-smoking rooms but neither Collective Retreats nor the individual retreat can guarantee that your request will be filled.
PERSONAL INFORMATION, CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER COLLECTIVE NOR ANY OTHER PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED TO THIS SITE ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, OR INTERCEPTION OR USE OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OR OTHER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SITES LINKED OR ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SITE.
COLLECTIVE MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING OF CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THIS SITE OR ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO THIS SITE. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER COLLECTIVE, NOR ANY OTHER PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED TO THIS SITE, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY INFORMATION, (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, ETC.), AND NEITHER COLLECTIVE, NOR ANY OTHER PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED TO THIS SITE, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE FROM DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
USE OF THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS
In order to offer the services related to this Site, and fulfill reservations or orders users place on this Site, Collective may use third party suppliers. You acknowledge and agree that, the carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing travel or other services for Collective may be independent contractors, and not agents or employees of Collective. Your credit card statements for products or services purchased on this Site may refer to such third-party suppliers or their respective fulfillment vendors, rather than to Collective or the Property at which you may have booked a reservation.
You agree to the terms and conditions of purchase imposed by Collective, each Property, and other suppliers of other travel services (air, land, or sea), which may include, but are not limited to, restrictions against back to back ticketing, hidden city ticketing and round trip for one-way ticketing. You also agree to pay all amounts, duties, taxes, and related charges arising out of Your use of this Site and of the services provided herein when due, including additional taxes and fees that may not be included in the quoted fare. You agree to comply with all rules regarding the availability of fares, products or services, including penalty fees arising from the failure of the User to comply with said rules. You understand that any violation of any supplier’s conditions of purchase may result: in cancellation of Your reservation(s) or purchase(s); in Your being denied access to any flight(s), hotel(s), automobile(s), activities, or service; in Your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s) or purchase(s); and in Collective debiting Your account for any costs Collective incurs as a result of such violation. You also agree to allow Collective and each Property, and other suppliers of other travel services to charge the credit card on file for the payment of penalties arising from the Your failure to comply with such rules. Such payment will be collected without additional notice. You agree that You are completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of Your use of this Site.
YOU AGREE THAT COLLECTIVE IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF SUCH SUPPLIERS. COLLECTIVE HAS NO LIABILITY AND WILL NOT MAKE REFUNDS FOR ANY DELAY, CANCELLATION, OVERBOOKING OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND COLLECTIVE DIRECT CONTROL, AND COLLECTIVE HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES RESULTING THEREFROM.
COLLECTIVE reserves the right to charge resort fees.