Retreat Production Supervisor (Contract)
Reports To: Operations Manager
Contact: email@example.com with resume and cover letter
Introduction to the Company and Role:
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats allows our guests to explore unique destinations without sacrificing any luxuries, and to leave feeling inspired and connected.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, fast growth hospitality company that concepts and operates asset-light, moveable hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our luxury retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences, with an emphasis on thoughtful design, inspiring decor, once-in-a-lifetime food, curated local activities, and luxurious amenities. We’re changing the travel industry by giving guests authentic, local experiences paired with service and luxury that you would find in a 5-star hotel – something we’re able to achieve through our unique locations and structures.
We are seeking a Retreat Production Supervisor to support and lead the production and set-up of our beautiful retreat locations and help to grow the already amazing Collective Retreats brand.
The ideal candidate has previous experience in large-scale event production and product management, is truly passionate about the operations function and is looking to further develop their career in the field. A passion for hospitality is highly desirable. They are excited to work in a start-up/fast-paced environment and doesn’t shy away from getting their hands dirty. They must be handy, familiar with and comfortable with basic tools and construction. They are highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building. As this is a remote contract position, they must be highly dependable, able to work autonomously from remote locations, and willing to be based in their assigned location for the duration of their contract work.
- Lead in all aspects of retreat production and set up. Primary objective is the successful, on time, on budget and safe opening, to quality standards of our beautiful retreats.
- Coordination of all logistics functions on retreat and as they relate to the build and set up of the retreat.
- Management of all on the ground resources.
- Main point of contact for central operations and day to day leadership on the ground across Build, Construction, Retreat and Property teams.
- Management of any allocated budget / funds for the purpose of opening of the retreats.
- Help drive the team in accordance with our Collective mission, vision and values.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Assist in staffing, recruitment and coordination of local teams for designated retreats.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building and the guest experience
- Willing to work remotely on location for the duration of the contract
- Exceptional ability to motivate and instruct team members with varying levels of expertise
- 3-5 years of experience in major event, broadcast, sports, construction, or similar production
- Exceptionally strong and proven project management abilities, including experience with setting up and taking down large scale physical products
- Experience managing across multiple stakeholders, including sophisticated parties
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office and Google Suite software
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity and changing priorities. Proven track record of exercising good judgment in stressful situations
- Track record of exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated, structured, strong attention to detail, and open to change
- Has high integrity and able to work well under pressure and across multiple stakeholders
- Hard working team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a competitive cash compensation
- Select travel expenses covered