Farm to Table Chef
Reports To: General Manager
Contact: email@example.com with resume and cover letter
Introduction to Company and Role
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats allows our guests to explore unique destinations without sacrificing any luxuries, and leave feeling inspired and connected.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, high-growth hospitality company that creates and operates asset-light, moveable hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our luxury retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences and is built with a keen eye on design, beautiful décor, and amenities. We’re changing the travel industry with our focus on delivering authentic, local experiences for our guests with service on the level of what you would find at a 5-star hotel, however created in a very unique location with asset light structures. Our retreats offer a wide variety of activities for our guests, both created by our staff and in combination with local activity providers.
We are seeking a chef to deliver premium service to our guests, create gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner meals, lead on menu setting and food purchasing, and work with the broader Collective Retreats team to grow our valued brand.
The ideal candidate is experienced in delivering gourmet menus and excellent quality plates, highly organized and dependable, caring and approachable, self-motivated, and comfortable in the outdoors. If you love being outside and working with people, then this is a great opportunity for you!
- Assist F&B management team in creating locally sourced, seasonal menus for either breakfast and lunch, or dinner and evening s’mores. We offer two dinner options: a BBQ-in-a-box dinner which is prepared for the guest, but which they grill and finish themselves; and a 3-course, fine dining Farm to Table dinner. Menus are created in conjunction with our Executive Chef.
- Prepare all meals in our local commercial kitchen, and then live action finish the meal with the guests at the retreat. This will include serving all meals to our guests
- Engage with guests and help to create an excellent experience for them
- Purchase all necessary food ingredients and menu items, on budget, using par list and consulting with property GM
- Clean and maintain all tools, equipment and dishes
- Clean and maintain all kitchens in accordance to company standard operating procedures
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for working and being in the outdoors. This position is very “hands-on” with very little “office work.” A sense of adventure is a plus!
- 5+ years as a chef (both restaurant and catering experience is desired)
- Culinary degree a plus
- Approachable, presentable and professional – desires to create amazing experiences for our guests
- Experience with / strong desire for gourmet outdoor cooking and locally sourced foods and menus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, flexible – desires new challenges and is self-motivated
- Extremely well organized with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work well in remote locations with co-workers
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to deliver great service to our guests in an adventurous outdoor setting
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude. Willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week and willingness to work on both weekends and weekdays, as needed
- Able to lift 40 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive hourly rate, plus tips earned
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations