Director of Digital Marketing & Customer Acquisition
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Contact: email@example.com with resume and cover letter
Introduction to the Company and Role:
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats allows our guests to explore unique destinations without sacrificing any luxuries, and leave feeling inspired and connected.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, high-growth hospitality company that creates and operates asset-light, moveable hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our luxury retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences and is built with a keen eye on design, beautiful décor, and amenities. We’re changing the travel industry with our focus on delivering authentic, local experiences for our guests with service on the level of what you would find at a 5-star hotel, however created in a very unique location with asset light structures. Our retreats offer a wide variety of activities for our guests, both created by our staff and in combination with local activity providers.
We are seeking a Director of Digital Marketing and Customer Acquisition to oversee all Collective Retreats customer acquisition and digital marketing.
The ideal candidate is highly quantitatively focused, and deeply experienced in customer acquisition via digital marketing. Specifically, she / he has previously managed a significant budget with CPA and growth goals in the following channels- [Paid] Facebook, Instagram, Google, Online Travel Agencies, affiliate [Organic] SEO, social, online PR, content, and other emergent online platforms (managing ad-serving platforms independently and directly). Additionally, she / he must have past experience in quant marketing and analytics. This means power-user level capabilities in XLS, and other quantitative analysis platforms, plus excellent modeling and performance reporting skills.
Additionally important is experience in hotel or travel marketing, as well as high-growth, early stage company leadership. She / he comes with significant experience and excitement for the opportunity to devise new and creative strategies more efficiency and results against spend for a rapid-growth, disruptive travel product. She / he is highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
- Manage all of Collective Retreats customer acquisition, including managing a specific CPA budget and achieving lofty growth goals, in a perishable inventory, experiential brand construct.
- Collective Retreats CPA and digital marketing strategy and plan development, and execution.
- Build Collective Retreat’s proprietary acquisition platform, including introducing new marketing strategies and test plans
- Development, management, and optimization of Company marketing dashboard, reporting, and analytics practices
- Development and ownership of company proprietary marketing quant model to turn budget dollars into CPA results
- Ownership and development of company CPA platform, including, [Paid] Facebook, Instagram, Google, Online Travel Agencies, affiliate [Organic] SEO, social, online PR, content, and other emergent online platforms
- Oversight of all digital marketing campaigns and spend, with a high level of results orientation- extremely performance motivated and accountable
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building, the brand, and the guest experience.
- 7+ years previous experience in customer acquisition, digital, quant marketing, and analytics
- Experience in both strategic and tactical- has created significant CPA marketing strategies and has also managed specific tactics and all ad-serving against them
- Past experience independently overseeing / owning Facebook Power Editor, Google AdWords Editor, and other CPA marketing platforms
- Past experience in owning SEO, Social, online travel agencies, affiliate, online PR, content, and other emergent online platforms, for a high-growth company
- Past experiences in budget ownership and a proven track record of on-time and on-cost delivery
- Power-user level capabilities in XLS, and other quantitative analysis platforms, plus excellent modeling and performance reporting skills
- Past experience in a new, high-growth business or startup is highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across various complex projects
- Approachable, presentable, professional, and fun
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work remotely when necessary and willingness to travel
- Hard working team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university.
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a competitive cash compensation package, with the unique opportunity to earn option grants over time
- Health benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations, as well as free and discounted nights per Company Policy